Monday, June 20, 2011

Week 24 good to WOW SOOC Father's Day

Yesterday was Father's Day which meant morning at church, lunch out, looking at tents at Sears (I hung out at Penney's), and then the afternoon and evening with no computer for me while Oak played StarCraft with the boys and Sunflower brought me stuffed animals to dress in her new clothes (cannot resist clearance girl clothes!)  Luckily I had already taken my pictures for the Father's Day prompt, so having no computer all day wasn't a problem (kind of like missing something, but NOT a problem).  It gave me time to make dinner, fold laundry, and wash some dishes.

So without further ado, it is time to link our S(traight) O(ut) O(f) the C(amera) shots with Jill and return on Thursday to link our edits with Ashley's blog, learning something in between.

First my father.  He is the first to admit that he was not the perfect father as we were growing up, but he always provided and always loved us.  He taught us the value of hard work, loyalty, and doing your best.  He brought us to church and showed us how to tithe, serve, and love God.  I am very blessed to have my dad in my life.  My favorite memory is when I stayed with my parents for the year after college and we sang in the church choir together.  We carpooled to practice and to church, a very precious time.  He is spending this week with my sister in Minnesota; she is so happy.  These pictures are less about taking pictures of him and more about taking pictures for him.  They may not be the best SOOC shots, but he won't notice and I promise he will love them (so will my friend over at WellBlessed).


Do you see his fist pumping in the air? So Dad!
The other father in my life is my husband, best husband and father in the world.  Sometimes I feel sorry for others then I remind myself that second best is probably still pretty good.  The last few months have been a time of peace and rest after two years of turmoil and we are behind on a lot of things (yard work being the most obvious), but he was always our anchor and calming peace.  He loves to help everyone and willingly gives of himself, time, and money.  We know how stable our lives are with Oak in them; he is the gravity that holds our little family in orbit while allowing us the freedom to explore, grow, and live.
We know we won't fling out into outer space no matter how great the chaos gets.  He loves our children, enjoys teaching them and playing with them.  He serves them (and me) by changing wet bedclothes, shampooing vomit, and cooking, making lunches, and running laundry--all while working 40 hours a week.  He goes in to Sunflower when she calls for Daddy in the middle of the night.  And when the chaos gets too much, he holds us tight so we feel safe and secure.
And yes, he reads a lot of juvenile fiction so we can determine if it is appropriate for the boys--it has nothing to do with the fact that there are just some really fun juvenile fiction out there (the 39 clues series being some of it).

So there are the two father's in my life and the SOOC shots to go with them.  Be sure to hop over to Jill's blog to meet some more great dads.



Photobucket

9 comments:

Gina Kleinworth said...

Ooooooooo!!!!!! Totally loving that Road Runner! My dad had a few of those as I was growing up- along with many other hot rods. He's a total motor head & I seem to have passed it down to my son. That is one sweet ride.

Courtney said...

GREAT car! And the last shot is simply precious!

Ashley Sisk said...

These are great SOOC and have so much potential for processing. I can't wait to see what you'll do.

Unknown said...

This is such a sweet post! Love your sooc shots!

Beth said...

My husband would love that car! The last shot is great!

Unknown said...

such great shots - and what a sweet tribute to the two father's in your life!

Anonymous said...

I love these shots! The last one is especially very cute and sweet. :)

Michelle R said...

First, this is beautiful -- I love the love for the men in your life that's so obviously shown!!! That makes this perfect!!

However, those are all some totally awesome shots -- love the one w/ your dad in the car pumping his fist! hehe!! (good idea blacking out the license plate!!) And the ones w/ your hubby and the kids -- so so sweet!!

Great job this week!!

Anonymous said...

I love these. Gorgeous photos. Can't wait to see youre edits.