Saturday, June 4, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday--June 5th

I know I say this almost every week, but I really love this challenge!  It stretches me sooooooo much and I get to see a lot of beautiful work.  If you don't have time to take 5 themed photos each week, you can still join in the fun by checking out everyone else's creative interpretations at Ramblings and Photos.

HOT, HOT, HOT:
I asked my husband for help with this prompt, but he REFUSED to tell me anything he found Hot, Hot, Hot...then I said, "okay, what about "Finding Form."  He just laughed.  I finally came up with  this idea and THEN my children suggested spicy food, steamy food, tea pot boiling, and the sun.  I guess it was much easier for them not having their minds in the gutter.  I believe this set would have turned out a little better if I had a tripod and a husband less concerned about his fingers and more concerned for my art.

Finding Form:
I am not sure I understand this prompt completely, but I think these photos illustrate it.  Same ladder from two different perspectives.  In the first photo it looks fairly flat and straight; you cannot really tell that it twists as it reaches towards the sky.  In the second photo you can see more of the shape of the ladder and realize that is twists and has lots of angles and shape.  It was hard to find an angle that "found the form" so while I don't think these photos are "frame me and hang me on the wall" photos, I did enjoy the exercise of looking for form and, I think, finding it.  My family suggested taking the photo from above but THAT was not an option.

Chore:
Given the wet and mild winter and spring in our area there has been a lot of growth in the vegetation around our house and not many opportunities to get outside to take care of it.  Since it has started warming up, we have been focusing our energy on the front yard.  By the time we get around to this giant weed it will be a real "Chore" to remove it.  Yes, our kitchen window is the usual 4 feet or so up, not a less terrifying 6 inches from the ground.

Beads:
This picture is from my archives because I do not have ANY beads in my house.  Ummmm, except for those tiny little beads you put onto forms and then iron to melt into carefully designed creations, but I wasn't willing to get them out with my two year old around--even for the sake of the hunt.

Front Page News:

FYI--I did not use any collages.  For most of them, I decided what size of picture I wanted, created a new document, cropped the pictures to the size that would fit, ran Painted Moon rounded edges on white, moved the picture to the document, arranged and then added text.  On the newspaper page I did similar things, but no rounded edges on the pictures.  I have been using Photoshop for collages forever, only recently have I started editing pictures in it--who knew it could do so much?
Photobucket

24 comments:

Sara Smo said...

I really like you first shot(s) with the match! What an awesome idea, & I like how you displayed them too!

Crunchy Diva said...

the first one hot hot hot is great!

Buckeroomama said...

I love this whole series, Cedar!! Love all the different collages (?) you put together. What templates did you use?

Your Hot, Hot, Hot is amazing! =)

Rosie@leavesnbloom said...

Great storyboards Cedar - and wonderful shots aswell. That hot series is very creative.

Unknown said...

I just love your hot shot.. Just saying that make me smile.. Anyhoo, Very creative. Such great shots this week..

Kimberley said...

What a great set! I like the finding form prompt. I just couldn't nail this one and you got it! I'm curious where do you get your collage templates?

Miriam said...

Wow, never mind his fingers! your Hot Hot Hot collage is wonderful :)

Brianne said...

I love the first shot.

Susan said...

I love all of these finds!!! What a cute "in the news" and I am always trying to catch up on weeding. They just grow SO fast!

Ashley Sisk said...

I think you totally rocked out the prompts this week - I really love every one of them. I was actually considering doing the same thing for HOT HOT HOT, but when it hit over 100 degrees...I had my picture.

Valeria said...

Really nice photos with great interpretations. Congrats to your son, that is great.

Marla said...

Wonderful shots. I can't even choose a favorite.

Marla @ www.blueskiesphotoblog.com

Mikayla said...

Your hot collage is very clever, of all the hot entries I've seen I love yours the best.
Really great job on all of them though! (:
-
Mikayla
Also, My friend Allie and I are hosting a photo challenge and would love it if you'd consider entering:
http://www.alliephotographyblog.com/2011/06/photo-challenge-photo-of-yourself.html
Just for entering you could win one of TWO necklaces we are giving away!

Laura lok said...

great submissions

Michelle said...

Great shots! I love your hot collage and I think you nailed the finding form prompt :)

Nancy said...

What a great collection of photos for the scavenger hunt. I've been wanting to participate and your post may have encouraged me to join in next week. :)

Michelle said...

Neat series. Love the hot! I think I'll participate next week. :)

Veronica Lee said...

WOW! Love the entire series! Beautiful!

Happy Sunday!

Frankie said...

I love HOT HOT HOT! that is soo cool !

Becky said...

Very cool! I love all of your interpretations! Very neat edits as well!

Anonymous said...

So cute! Love your pictures & the HOT HOT HOT shot is amazinnnnng!

So I say...Living Life to the Fullest said...

Your Hot Hot Hot series of pictures was a clever idea.

Serline said...

My hubby wasn't as smart, so he's got a bandage around his burnt hand ;-P Seriously though, my fav was your Finding Form pics...

Anonymous said...

Awesome photos this week. I love your hot photos.