Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Week 24 good to WOW edit Father's Day

Time to visit Ramblings and Photos to see how everyone edited their Father's Day photos.  Always fun!

I'll start with my edits of my dad and his car.  I basically straightened each one (don't know why I was shooting so crooked that day) and did a little levels, contrast, and color boosting--oh wait, that meant I ran Ashley's Nice and Easy.  For these I once again used Daily Window's Mouse Over Effect.

I also added the license plate from the front of the car instead of just whiting out the state one and a little blur to the bumper to smooth it out a little.

I kept the clean edit for my dad, but then I played a little.  I added Kim Klassen's Granny's Cupboard texture, mostly erased off of the car, and then ran PW '70's action.  Seems to me that an old car like this deserved an old photo feel.

For the pictures of my husband and the kids, I also ran Ashley's Nice and Easy and gave them a square crop.  I liked them fine, no more--no less than before.  I tried many actions and different things, but nothing really stood out (PW colorized version being the best of the lot).  Then I just decided to go Black and White.  With all of the colors of the clothes mixed together, it really did turn out to be the best option.  Here are the originals.

I used PW Black and White Beauty.  It is my very favorite BW conversion that I have so far.  I also added a light vignette.  I'm actually quite pleased with the result.
I tried out my new Pure Actions Summer Black and White action.  I like the warmer tone it adds, though not necessarily on this image, and have used it on a few other photos that I'll be posting this week.  I also added a vignette customized by the tutorial we had a few weeks ago to just encircle Oak and Sunflower.  I think I like straight black and white a little better most of the time, but it is fun to have options.

So those are my edits--pretty much as short as I get.  Plenty of time to hop on over to Ashley's blog to check out everyone else's.

Photobucket

12 comments:

mommy to many said...

i love the feel of the last edit! but great job on all of them.

Anonymous said...

Love the edits-- I especially love the last one of the car- its perfect!

Ashley Sisk said...

These are all really great edits - hard to choose a favorite because I think you really nailed them all! Nice job!

Unknown said...

I love the vintage effect on the car! beautiful shots of of your dad and the kids

Mama Monkey said...

I really, really like the Pure Actions Summer B&W! Was that a freebie from their FB page? I missed out on that one :( Your edits on the first 2 photo's really made them POP! Great job on all!!!

Reena said...

Love the feel of the vintage effect! Great job!

Unknown said...

Love the first one and last one of your dad and his car! :D

And the B&W's of hubby and the kids look great. :D

Lisa said...

All your edits are amazing!! Great job! And thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such positive feedback. It blesses me immensely!

Lisa (a-lens-with-a-view.blogspot.com)

Gina Kleinworth said...

Oh how I love those beautiful B&W conversions. Really lovely.

Courtney said...

The last one is just precious! I also really like the last pic of the car. The vintage tones are perfect. Nice job!

Halie said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog.

All the photos are gorgeous! But being partial to monochromes, I'd say that I love your conversions so much!

Anonymous said...

Great edits. Love your black and white conversions!