Monday, June 13, 2011

Week 23 good to WOW SOOC Slides/Swings

Slides and Swings!  I have hundreds of photos of my children on a slide or a swing.  I have found that with my new camera and my obsessive desire to blur the background that taking pictures of a child on a slide or a swing became a lot harder.  So in the last few weeks looking towards this prompt I ended up with a lot of blurry faces and a camera that was still "focusing" as a child whizzed past.  That's okay!  I enjoy a challenge, plus it made choosing easier than it could be--still hard--but easier.  As it is I still have 6 I am going to share.  2 of them are with my old camera.  Except for cropping I never edited my photos pre-February purchase of a dSLR, so I thought it was time to edit and share a few favorites.  After all, if you think my boys are cute now, wait until you see what they looked like 5 years ago!

Slide--Huckleberry age 5
Swing--SnapDragon  age 17 months
These were both taken with my 3MP point and shoot on program mode, the data about it just isn't there.  It didn't even take pictures at a 4x6 size, but loved this camera.  Still was happy to upgrade this year to my Nikon.

Slide--Huckleberry and Sunflower
1/100     f/8      55mm       ISO 100
Swing--Sunflower  age 2.8
1/250    f/6.3     ISO 100     65mm
Same Day--She can fly; and the photo above is proof she liked it.
1/250    f/4.2     75mm     ISO 100
Huckleberry, SnapDragon, and Random Girl (back of her head, so okay?)
1/250     f/4.5    100mm   ISO 100
Be sure and check out the other slide/swing shots over at Jill's blog and get her tips on how to take better SOOC shots, though sometimes ignorance is bliss.




Photobucket

10 comments:

Gina Kleinworth said...

Those are great- I think my fav is the 4th one!

Unknown said...

Lots of fun photos! I can't pick a favorite!

Ashley Sisk said...

These are so fun - not sure they need any editing!

Cori said...

those photos are great!! Looks like a fun visit to the park!!

Marla said...

What precious pictures! I love looking at old shots. :)

Marla @ www.blueskiesphotoblog.com

Unknown said...

these are all great shots - how can you go wrong with a tire swing??

Courtney said...

SO cute! The second one is cracking me up - that sweet expression. Great captures!

DRWphotos said...

So fun! I agree with Allison, tire swings rock!

Anonymous said...

I love how happy all these photos are! They all look like they are having so much fun!

Unknown said...

Love her grin in the fourth one! :D