Saturday, August 13, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

I confess, I did cheat a little this week.  I told my 7 year old the prompts and he took pictures, so this is a Cedar/SnapDragon Edition.  I did help him edit the pictures he took.  I'd have you guess which ones are his, but I'm afraid to be compared to my 7 year old.  He is very artistic.

Against the Light:
Before I took 100 pictures of keys my kids attacking our lamps with sticks, I googled the term and came up with back-lit as a partial definition.  I hope this counts.

Frame Within a Frame:
We definitely need to trim our Butterfly Bush back when it is done blooming.  The butterflies seem to pick the top flower~way up over my head!

Best Part of My Day:
Yes, this is my picture, sigh.  But sitting around the table with my family at dinner is the BEST part of my day (especially since my husband usually cooks it.)

Buttons:
Okay, it is only one button, but SnapDragon took the picture with our old camera~Panasonic DMC-FZ3.

Ink:
SnapDragon also took this picture with Sunflower as his lovely hand model.  He also took some pictures of the framed pictures on our wall (didn't even think about that as an idea) and granola bars.  The granola bars is because when he asked me what the next prompt was I answered my husband's question about what to take on our hike today with "granola bars."


Photobucket

24 comments:

Car said...

Great shots this week! I love the butterfly plant (never heard of tose before!) you and your little one did a great job :)

Sarah said...

Bwahaha about attacking the light! That bokeh is out of control gorgeous!!! Love your set!

Shannah said...

Great shots!!! I especially like 1, 2 and 5!!!

Sara said...

Great set, but the photo of your daughter is just gorgeous! I love the light!

Stasha said...

So this is yours and Snapdragon' hunt ;) well, you both did a lovely job!

Kmcblackburn said...

Beautiful set. I love the simplicity and composition of your buttons photo.

Kathy

Lori said...

Oh great collection! lovely!

Anonymous said...

love the idea of having your son taking some pictures :) he is truly gifted! you must be really proud. I love your 'hunt'. the 'against the light' is so sweet :) and I totally understand your best part of your day. thanks for sharing :) have a great Sunday dear. xo

Ashley Sisk said...

I'm pretty sure I can tell which ones you took vs. Snapdragon, but I think he did a great job. I think it's actually a great idea to get your kids to take the photos.

Simon said...

Your post makes me smile. That first image is gorgeous, as is the butterfly. Hope you're going on to take more FYE.

No Greater Love said...

SnapDragon, you did WONDERFUL! Your pictures are absolutely beautiful!

Alita said...

First two pictures = spectacular!

Love your POV.

Alita

A'n'G Johnson said...

I love that snap dragon plays along too!
And that first photo, with her eyes... oooo lovely.

Marla said...

Awesome job. I love the second shot. It's perfect!

Marla @ www.blueskiesphotoblog.com

deb did it said...

awww...you had me at the first photo!! Happy to met you here via Sunday Hunt!

Teachinfourth said...

You have some great images here...

Valeria said...

Great series

Laurie said...

Lovely photos! I can see a photographer in the making...;D

Anonymous said...

Cedar,
I especially like the butterfly and it is great you are including the young ones.

Lindylor said...

Cedar,

Previous comment was from......me. Hit the wrong key

Kalyan said...

Simply beautifully captured shots...lovely!

Seizing My Day said...

beautiful butterfly shot!! ;)

Susan said...

Oh what budding photographer you have in your home! What fun! Love that granola bars were shot as well. What a good listener.

Anonymous said...

Great photos. I love that second shot.