Thursday, January 19, 2012

This or That Snow

I apologize for all the snow shots, but this is pretty unusual weather for us so I did go outside with the kids to take pictures of them in the snow.
I think the last time we had this much snow was the week SnapDragon was born (8 years ago) so I figured I had better take pictures while I can. 
This is Wednesday right before the kids ran outside.  I was glad there was more snow this time.  On Monday SnapDragon asked me to walk only in the footprints already made so I wouldn't waste the snow.
Sure he looks sweet, but he was very serious about it.

On Monday Huckleberry stored as much snow as he could under the play equipment.  It really is a precious commodity in this area (though not completely unusual like for those of you further South.)
Notice the grass on the ground while they enjoy the stockpile on Tuesday?
It made a nice snack for Sunflower...not terribly recommended.

While we went to sleep Tuesday night with the roads bare but school canceled on Wednesday there was enough snow to build some forts/snowmen and to justify the missed school.
Sunflower helped Oak while the boys built their own fort.  But it was soon too tall for her to see over.
They are both standing.  Oh wait, let me show you from their eye level.
After the above shots I did run into the house for Sunflower's coat.  Apparently she thinks a snowsuit IS a coat.
She really loves the snow...so very much.

But so did the boys.
Especially once the fort? was done and it was time for the snowball fight.
Maybe it is a snowman?  But still there was a snowball fight.
Though SnapDragon chose the hide behind the tree method of participating.
 (No one threw snowballs at me...I was holding the most expensive thing we own--my camera.)

I did try a group shot...but we had some technical difficulties.
Huckleberry slid out of the shot because of the plastic bags on his feet.  It really is fairly rare to get this much snow, so we were a little unprepared.  Too bad for Sunflower.  She thinks this snow is the best thing in the world.
She is always the first one to want to go out and the last to want to go in, even though she did get stuck in the deep snow a few times.


Photobucket

11 comments:

Susan said...

All of the snow looks like such fun! What a great idea to stockpile it.

Linda said...

I love the way you capture the kids doing "kid" things. You have such a gift for catching the moment. The children are beautiful, and you use the surroundings to such advantage. Great job, as usual! Thanks - have a warm, blessed day!

Pieni Lintu said...

So cool! :D

EMily said...

Those are great shots! It looks like everyone took full advantage of the snow day!

No Greater Love said...

I couldn't possibly tell you everything I love but all these pictures, because there is too much. :) But I'll name a few. I love the narrative with them. The first pic is my favorite of Sunflower. And that hat is ADORABLE. Oak throwing the snowball is great. How fun that he was out there playing. I am not a fan of snow...so I never play. You did such a good job getting shots that truly show how much your children enjoy the snow. They will treasure these when they are older....

tiarastantrums said...

looks like everyone had such a great time

Mira Crisp said...

I wish we had snow! The first photo is too pretty, the little girl is very beautiful!

Gina Kleinworth said...

I love these! You will be happy you posted them when you look back a year from now- especially with as historical as it has been.

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Love your first shot of Sunflower! She has gorgeous round cheeks and a very pretty face.

Jeanne said...

Your kids are adorable and love your snow shots! Looks like everyone was having so much fun, and plastic bags work fine! At least they work very well in Texas where there is rarely snow.

deb duty said...

This looks like so much fun and you captured tons of magical shots! I can see why they'd want to preserve their snow!