Monday, December 19, 2011

Holiday Traditions -- Monday Rewind and Week 50 Good to WOW SOOC

So many Holiday Traditions...

Making an ornament at MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) for 10 years now...
This year I made 5!  That's something for non-crafty me.

Dancing to Christmas Music...
A few new Christmas CD's would be good with such active dancers

Putting the lights on the Christmas tree...
Dad had to do the top few branches

Putting the star on top...
Someday I'll find the perfect tree topper...on clearance
Decorating the tree...
Or playing with the ornaments depending on who you ask.
Eating the traditional Christmas tree decorating spread...
Cheese, Sausage, and crackers and candy, candy, candy.
Taking out the Christmas books...
We never fight over them; no, we don't!
Of course, decorating Gingerbread houses with Cousin L and Aunt J...

And then Sunday we had our family Christmas party on my husband's side.  Sometimes we still see everyone over the holiday too, but not this year, so extra special.  Especially since Huckleberry got to play his saxophone with Cousin J for the first time...

They did a great job!  I'm so proud of my son who first picked up his instrument in September.  Cousin L held the book...a very expensive and beautiful music stand...
Even if Sunflower did block my view.
There was (and will be) lots of fun playing games...
They moved on from spoons, leaving me with some photographic material.
Of course what Holiday Tradition would be complete without the best apple pie in the world...
My husband's sister's husband makes the most amazing pie crust!
And finally, beautiful Christmas dresses (SOOC)...
35mm   1/80 sec   f/2.2   ISO 200 -- zeroed out in LightRoom
May you have a most blessed week before Christmas enjoying your own Holiday Traditions!




Photobucket

8 comments:

Gina Kleinworth said...

How fun fun fun! I would be right there with her in those candy bowls. :)

Ashley Sisk said...

What a wonderful time - I especially like the dancing.

Unknown said...

Looks like fun! :D

My baby girl must dance whenever the Christmas music is on, too. ;)

No Greater Love said...

Wow! You guys are having fun! :) I love seeing your Christmas traditions.
And you also made me hungry.

Leovi said...

A Christmas tree charm and originality. Greetings and happy week.

4 Lettre Words said...

Such a fun collection here...and that gingerbread house is gorgeous!

Tonya said...

So much good stuff! Love the gingerbread houses. And we've got a bunch of Christmas books here as well, and it's always one of the most fun things to unpack from the Christmas boxes!

Unknown said...

Great photo story! I really love the first photo of the ornament.