Monday, September 26, 2011

Week 38 good to WOW SOOC Fall

What better way is there to spend a fall weekend holed up in a condo, watching movies, and putting together a puzzle?  Unless you do all of that AND take tons of pictures.

We also spent some time outdoors and taking pictures of the Bay and a few quaint tourist towns, but for the fall prompt, I thought the pictures of the puzzle would work best.  I actually really struggled with interesting composition...it'll be fun to see my friend's pictures...but for shoot and edit, I have to submit my own.
 Only about half done.  Unfortunately, it was the easy half!
I took a lot of pictures playing with that streak of light.  This is the photo I settled on as being the most interesting.
Puzzle done.  This one will be a good one to experiment more with the distortion correction features in Lightroom.  Even standing on the couch I was not tall enough to hold my camera over the puzzle directly parallel to it.  Trust me I tried.

And what else brings fall to mind, but wind.  Oh, so much wind!
I love this picture of my friend from the weekend.  To give you an even clearer idea of the wind, I will post this next photo.  It is already edited because I don't think it deserves to be posted more than once.
My hair had so many knots in it by the end of Sunday!  Personally I like a black and white conversion better, but the hair isn't as noticeable then.  (This was taken with my summer birthday presents--my tripod and remote shutter release.  So great to have!  Thank you, Captain Awesome, your present is in the mail...JK, it is sitting on the buffet, hopefully in the mail today or tomorrow.  Happy Birthday!)

I hope you had a great weekend!  Now I'm off to visit the other SOOC fall photos!



Photobucket

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooooh, I love doing puzzles. Although I can't start one unless I have time to finish it. There's just something about a partially finished puzzle that unnerves me. :) Not sure why.

Looking forward to seeing your edits!

Beth @ Snaps Of Our Life said...

I haven't done a puzzle (with more than 4 pieces) in years. All I can think about is the kids getting a piece and not being able to finish it!

I love the last shot - very fun!

Leovi said...

wow! precious photos with beautiful lighting effects and shadows fall colors.

Ashley Sisk said...

I love that photo with you in it...and interesting perspective with the puzzle pieces.

Michelle R said...

Sounds like a great weekend! And yay for new toys (and using them!)! :-D

Courtney said...

Love the puzzle shots - very different and creative. And I have to say, the wind pics make me laugh. :) But they are still great pics!

Anonymous said...

I love the wind photos! The expressions are awesome!

I used to love doing puzzles, but I haven't done any in years... I think it's time to rectify that!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful SOOCs can't wait to see your edits. Love the wind shots.

Stasha said...

You look beautiful. Fall becomes you :)