Monday, September 26, 2011

Creation

I spent the weekend away from home with a friend and my camera.  So much fun, and so many pictures!  Here are just 3 from the trip.

I am choosing one of my Saturday morning sunrise shots for this week's sweet shot.  It is really a sweet shot to me because I am almost never coherent enough at 6:15 to take photos and even if I was, I wouldn't have this view out my window!  (I usually have trouble sleeping away from home and was up around 5 a.m. working in the peace and quiet on my Bible study homework, so no regrets at all.)
I was a little too tired to set up my tripod, but I propped the camera on the railing (really) and eliminated most of my hand shake.   I used my kit 18-55 in order to get a wide enough shot to include the skyline and the moon.
Sweet Shot Day
Now I don't really need another Monday challenge, but I love the title of this new challenge--Capturing Beauty.  It really is the goal of photography for me...to see beauty and capture it with a photo.  Since I've started taking photos more seriously, I see beauty in more things, and I love it.  I never want to lose that.  I don't think it would be hard for anyone to see beauty in the scene my friend and I came across.

"God's Promised Gift"
Also taken with my kit lens

Lastly, this week's Texture Tuesday theme is LOVE.  I love textures...does that count?  Okay, I love taking pictures.  I love a good bee capture.  Bees love flowers.
I planned to get more creative, but I added Kim Klassen's MadLove at 100% SoftLight, erased off the bee, and nothing else seemed necessary.  I did add one layer of solid green to bring the punch back, 72% opacity soft light.  (Taken with my 55-200 if you are wondering.)
kimklassencafe
Have a fabulous Tuesday!
Photobucket

38 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! These are gorgeous. Love them all.

Nadege, said...

Gorgeous images. I love the landscape in the second shot.

Tricia said...

They're all pretty, but I really love that second shot...it's gorgeous :)

Pat Mark said...

What a lovely sunrise. I especially love the flower and the bee for this week. Very very nice.

Rosie@leavesnbloom said...

Those are lovely but my favourite is your cross with the rainbow - what a promise and what a visual message without words.

hannah said...

Aren't we lucky to live at a time of textures, which we all love.
Yours works so well in the last image.

Jaymi said...

wow, love that sunset--so cool getting that sliver of moon in the shot! Love the texture on your flower too!

Teresa said...

Yes, really beautiful shots and the one for TT with the bee is particularly stunning . . . .such colour and depth. Happy Tuesday, Teresa x

Rachelle said...

that second shot? simply divine. What wonderful luck/joy/divine intervention to capture a rainbow in front of the aged and weathered cross. A stunning scene.

Seeing Each Day said...

All lovely pictures and a pleasure to look at. Simply love that you've caught the moon in your first shot - pretty much completes it. And well done on your texture for kim's challenge, the pinkish reddish colour of the flower is superb.

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Lovely photos Cedar. The first is my fave, the moon adds something special.

4 Lettre Words said...

Wowza...these are all so amazing! Don't think I can pick a fave.

johanna said...

wonderful shots. hard to choose a favorite, i like them all very much!

Chesney said...

All three are drop dead gorgeous, but the second image wins...Stunning!!!!

EMily said...

I love the second shot! That is beautiful!

No Greater Love said...

Oh my...I LOVE these pictures. They are incredible. :)

Unknown said...

Oh my! that first shot is amazing - great capture! Great edit for TT as well.

Ashley Sisk said...

Oh wow...so so beautiful. I immediately thought of God's beautiful creation.

Connie Smiley said...

Wow! That rainbow and cross - a perfect pairing.

Tara said...

These are all gorgeous, I can't pick a favorite..just stunning

Susan said...

I love your sunrise shot, just splendid!

Gina Kleinworth said...

Wow- Wow & more WOW!!! Beautiful shots & I think it's so awesome that your first shot of this post is so similar to the first shot in my post today!

Traci Michele said...

WOW! They are all amazing. I love the first one and how you can see the crescent moon at the top! Breathtaking...

Love,
Traci

PS: looking forward to more of your amazing photos at Capturing Beauty on Mondays at Ordinary Inspirations.

Nancy said...

Gorgeous shots, Cedar! Bright, sunny fall days are the best! :)

FYH said...

Beautiful post...love the rainbow!

Bella Cirovic said...

Visiting from Texture Tues. - What lovely images you have shared.

Sivinden said...

Lovely texture work!

Pat said...

Beautiful shots!

Susan said...

Oh...these were really pretty!!


Love the flower.

Hope your day is blessed♥

Kathleen said...

Amazing photos, Cedar! I am also fond of a good bee picture -- yours is really nice. I also love your rainbow shot... great capture!

Julie (Wellblessed) said...

I do love the rainbow and the cross but there's just something about the moonscape, I think it's actually my favorite of the three. (And I think your cross one is as bright as mine, maybe I just have more blue sky or something.) Beautiful!

Amarie said...

Simply beautiful! I might be doing a post on magnificent photos taken with kit lenses - let me know if you would be interested!

ShonEjai said...

Beautful use of texture to highlight your subject. I loved the colors of the photo and your use of depth of field. I want to invite you to sumbit an entry in a challenge I am starting called I Heart Textures. I do hope you'll stop by.

Linda said...

very beautiful work!!

Erika B said...

Wow, nature at its' best! Simply gorgeous shots.

Erika B

Simon said...

3 amazing images.....and none with that Sunshine. Hmmmm.
Beauty IS everywhere. I love that you gave yourself some personal time and time for reflection.

Stasha said...

You are so good at taking photos of people and events. But I love seeing you in a different setting. Your talent really shines through in this set. Truly you are an all around great photographer.
So glad you had a lovely time.

Unknown said...

Wow! These are all stunning. And the last shot - perfect use of texture. I need to learn to do that. ;)