Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Scavenger Hunt Sunday...no Tuesday

So I knew I'd have to give up some most of my blog time after our daughter comes home, but I am afraid some of it is already gone.  Not because I'm actually accomplishing things, but because each new step is more paperwork, more stress, and I waste hours and hours of time calculating estimates to travel.  The range never changes...sometime between late March and early May...but I spend too many hours trying to narrow that range down which is NOT something I can actually do until we get our Travel Invitation to China.  All that to say, I cannot believe it has been over a week since I last posted here.  I miss my on-line friends when I don't visit or have visitors, but I don't know where all the time goes.  At some point I will probably have to back off from Scavenger Hunt Sunday...my photos are certainly more snapshots than art as it is...but while it may be my most time consuming photo challenge, it is as always my favorite.  I love playing games and the scavenger hunt is one of the best games to play.  In fact, while I didn't get to work on my pictures until today, I actually could post two complete sets since I hunted twice :)

Once on our trip to the Science Museum on Friday (took one child out of school and went away for a 4 day weekend with lots of fun, family, and fotos), but since I've used that location more than once for a hunt, I'm going with my first hunt...breakfast Friday morning.

SnapDragon was DUPLICATED in...
...the griddle in the middle of our table at the restaurant.

Many restaurants seem to be TRENDING towards...
...the fad of the customers cooking their own food.  I must admit the kids thought it was fantastic and my chef-made non-pancake meal was pretty good, too.

You can pick from several different types of batter that come in PLASTIC bottles.
We had a peanut butter batter, sweet potato batter, and two buttermilk pancake batter bottles.

The boys loved creating their own pancakes in different shapes with many different topping choices.
Including this tree which is the source of all PAPER that SnapDragon created.  We had apples, blueberries, sausage, bacon, cheddar cheese, white chocolate chips, and bananas as our toppings.  I personally really loved the peanut butter with apple slices pancake that Oak made me to try.

But overall we just LOVED the experience in general...
...especially since it was time together and with Aunt H whom we all LOVE.  Uncle B had to work on Friday; too bad, because he missed out on some great fun. 
Sunday Snapshot
Photobucket





8 comments:

EMily said...

if only there were more hours in the day...am I right?

Linda said...

I LOVE these photos! Looks like so much fun! I have missed you, but I understand the time constraints. Just know your blog buddies miss you when you are absent!

Susan said...

Cute! Looks like a great place to eat, and so cool you were able to use the outing for your entire Scavenger Hunt post!

Tonya said...

I think your photos are great! I can see the happiness and fun you are having - that's what it's all about, isn't it?

Where is this make your own pancake place? My kids would LOVE it! Of course, we could just do the same thing at home, but it wouldn't be so fun for this mama, who would end up cleaning up the mess!

Unknown said...

Great set this week! I love the first one and that pancake place sounds great, one of my fav foods! I can only imagine how much time the adoption is taking!

Carrie said...

Great shots! My 2yo was in my lap, and is convinced somehow that SnapDragon's shot has something to do with choo choo trains...apparently there's one in the picture somewhere...so he says. Who knows, sometimes he sees things I don't. :) Nice job!

Stasha said...

What a fun time out. Love all the shots, taking everyday and turn it into special occasion is a gift, and you have it!

Ashley Sisk said...

How did I miss this set entirely....all I can think about is pancakes now.